Australia ready to face Archer threat
Pat Cummins says Australia will do their "homework" on Jofra Archer ahead of the second Ashes Test.
The tourists hold a 1-0 lead after beating England by 251 runs in the first Test at Edgbaston.
England's record Test wicket taker James Anderson will miss the second Test, which begins at Lord's on Wednesday, due to a calf injury and Archer has been called up as his replacement.
Cummins believes Anderson's absence is a huge blow to England and he has no concerns regarding coming up against Archer, who impressed in England's World Cup success earlier this summer.
"It's unfortunate for them that he went down early in the first game, it's no secret that he is a massive loss," he said, as reported by Sky Sports. "He's been their highest wicket-taker and is arguably the best bowler in the last few Ashes series."
He added: "Some of the boys have played against Jofra at the World Cup or with him in the IPL or Big Bash League, so he is not an unknown. We'll do our homework."
Gareth Freeman is an experienced journalist who can offer in-depth knowledge on a host of sports, especially football, tennis, snooker and basketball.