No evidence of Ashes spot-fixing - ICC
The International Cricket Council say they have found no evidence to support claims the third Ashes Test has been corrupted.
The Sun newspaper published a story on Thursday claiming they had spoken to an Indian bookmaker who had to ability to fix aspects of the ongoing clash between Australia and England in Perth.
The report said that a gang, working alongside an Australian known as 'The Silent Man', had enough influence to script elements of the Test match, at a cost of £138,000.
One former Australian player is said to be involved with the gang, although there was no suggestion that any member of the England travelling party had been recruited.
The ICC have been quick to respond to the claims and say there is no evidence to suggest that any player from either team had been contacted with a view to spot-fixing.
"We have now received all materials relating to The Sun investigation," said Alex Marshall, the ICC general manager anti-corruption.
"There is no indication that any players in this Test have been in contact with the alleged fixers."
Both captains were also asked about the reports with England's Joe Root calling for his players to focus on matters on the field as they fight to keep the series alive having fallen 2-0 behind.
Root told the BBC: "It's very sad that this has been written about. We've got to focus on this Test match and do everything we can to win it."
Chris Rivers is an experienced reporter who closely follows both Arsenal and Wales Rugby Union team. As well as in-depth football and rugby knowledge, Chris is an avid American Football, Formula One and boxing fan.