Smith excited by Archer challenge
Australia star Steve Smith claims he will not change his style as he prepares to go back up against England's Jofra Archer.
The 30-year-old missed the third Ashes Test due to concussion, but he is hoping to return at Old Trafford on September 4.
Smith was hit in the neck area by an Archer delivery at Lord's, but the former Aussie skipper says he is ready to resume their rivalry.
"There's been a bit of talk that he's got the wood over me, but he actually hasn't got me out," said Smith.
"He hit me on the head on a wicket that was a bit up and down at Lord's, but all the other bowlers have had more success against me I dare say. I've faced them a bit more, and they've all got me out a lot more, so I'm pretty comfortable about that."
A number of batsmen have been hit by bouncers during the series so far, and calls have been made to make stem-guards compulsory.
Smith admits he finds them uncomfortable, but he is willing to wear one if the rules change.
"I've tried them before, and I tried them again in the nets, and I reckon my heart rate went up about 30 or 40 straight away," he added.
"I think at some point they're probably going to become mandatory, so I'm going to have to get used to them and I'm sure the more I wear them, the more I practice with them, my heart rate will come down, and everything will be OK."
Tom Hill offers a strong insight into football and rugby league, whilst also having a good knowledge of several other sports including boxing, horse racing and American Football.