Wood not giving up on Ashes dreams
England fast bowler Mark Wood says he is still hopeful of recovering from injury in time to play in the Ashes.
The 29-year-old suffered a side strain in last week's World Cup final and is expected to be out for four to six weeks.
It means he will miss the one-off Test against Ireland, while he also looks set to be absent for the Ashes opener at Edgbaston on August 1.
The Durham seamer has also suggested he will not be ready to appear at either Lord's or Headingley but says he is confident he will be fit for the final two matches at Old Trafford and The Oval.
"I might make the last couple (of Tests). It all depends on selection," Wood told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek.
"Hopefully the injury will have healed by then and I'll be back with the speed and will have played a few games for Durham.
"My side injury is four to six weeks, so hopefully I'll still play a part towards the end of the season, but if not it's been a fantastic summer so far for English cricket.
"There's still plenty more to go and hopefully for me there's still a bit more cricket to play."
Jack Ogalbe has been working for the team since his student days, having enjoyed a successful placement. He is an avid West Ham fan but also enjoys writing on rugby union, golf, tennis and cycling.