Bale ready to see out Real contract - report
Gareth Bale intends to snub a summer transfer and will stay and fight for his place at Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain.
The Welshman has been widely tipped to move when the transfer window opens following Zinedine Zidane's return to the Bernabeu as manager.
Bale has previously admitted the pair are "not exactly the best of friends" and the 29-year-old has found himself on the bench for Real's recent games in La Liga.
However, Madrid-based newspaper AS reported on Tuesday that Bale has told the club, via his agent Jonathan Barnett, that he intends to see out the remainder of his contract. His current deal runs until the summer of 2022.
Barnett met with club officials earlier this month and said afterwards that Bale was "very happy at Real Madrid".
Bale has won three Champions League medals with the Spanish giants since joining them from Tottenham for 100million euros in 2013.
Manchester United have long been linked with a move for Bale and look likely to be back in the transfer market in a big way this summer following another disappointing season.
Chelsea could also be looking to replace Eden Hazard, touted by many as a potential summer signing for Real. His presence at the Bernabeu would increase the competition for Bale to get into the team.
However, if they do sell, as things stand Chelsea would be unable to sign a replacement as they have been placed under a FIFA transfer embargo. They are appealing that decision.