X

Wednesday 03
June

Bournemouth

Bournemouth striker plays down transfer talk

15th April 2019, 14:20 by Bobbie Jackson

Callum Wilson insists he is "happy" at Bournemouth and has played down rumours of interest from Chelsea.

The England international has been linked with a move away from Bournemouth over the last few transfer windows, however, the Cherries are yet to field any bids for their star man.

Wilson boasts 12 Premier League goals this term and has played a huge role in helping the south-coast club to secure another season in the top flight.

But his performances have reportedly led to interest from Chelsea and it's claimed the Blues could move this summer, providing they manage to overturn their transfer ban from FIFA.

The 27-year-old has previously admitted that he wants to play in the Champions League but insists he is currently happy to continue journey at the Vitality Stadium.

Wilson told the Daily Star: "I signed a long-term contract, I'm happy down there - I'm playing football.

"I'm happiest when I'm on the pitch. I never want to go and sort of be somewhere that I'm not going to play.

"I never want to see myself not playing at Bournemouth even, being on the bench and things like that. Any player has aspirations to play for their country, like I've managed to do thankfully, and play in the Champions League - different big occasions and big stages.

"I've been linked [with big clubs] from a young age when I'm doing well - so I tend not to buy into it really. It can sway you off what you need to do and take away your focus."

This article originated on sportinastorm.com

Bobbie Jackson is a reporter with an in-depth knowledge of football at all levels. A Blackpool supporter, Bobbie is also a keen rugby union, boxing, MMA and UFC follower.

More Bournemouth

Recent Sport Headlines

Horse Racing

Sharing poised for Royal raid

3rd June 2020, 18:41

Breeders' Cup winner Sharing looks set to be sent across the Atlantic for this month's Royal Ascot meeting for a crack at the Coronation Stakes.

Horse Racing

Pinatubo leads 15-strong Guineas field

3rd June 2020, 13:45

The Charlie Appleby-trained Pinatubo will face 14 rivals when he goes for glory in the 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket on Saturday.

Horse Racing

Fanning fancies Royal tilt

2nd June 2020, 18:08

Joe Fanning expects Army Of India to be heading to Royal Ascot after his victory at Kempton on Tuesday.

Horse Racing

Early return too expensive for Ffos Las

2nd June 2020, 17:55

Ffos Las executive director Phil Bell has revealed it was too expensive to stage races at the course this summer.

Horse Racing

More Guineas success for Fabre

1st June 2020, 16:10

Andre Fabre registered a ninth career race win in the French 2000 Guineas as Victor Ludorum claimed the spoils in Monday's Classic.

Horse Racing

Masks won't be a problem - Sullivan

1st June 2020, 14:45

James Sullivan says wearing masks while riding will be strange to start with but, in the end, it shouldn't pose a problem for jockeys.

Horse Racing

Dettori's mind made up by lockdown

31st May 2020, 13:53

Frankie Dettori has revealed that racing's recent shutdown has strengthened his decision over his future in the sport.

Horse Racing

No qualms for Murphy ahead of racing's return

31st May 2020, 13:46

Horse racing will be leading the way as far as elite sport returning in the UK is concerned and Oisin Murphy has no qualms about getting back to work.