Boss happy with incoming duo
Sean Dyche says Burnley will be stronger than last season and he is happy with his new recruits.
The summer transfer business is not yet over and Dyche may well be adding more to the squad before the window shuts on August 9, but, if he doesn't, then he is already happy with what he has done so far.
The Clarets have made two summer signings with the additions of Jay Rodriguez and Erik Pieters and they have also kept hold of their star men, so Dyche believes they will be stronger than last term.
"We think we have a stronger squad and that is important," said Dyche. "We still think we can strengthen if the right players come along but we think we are slightly stronger than what we were."
Reports suggest Dyche would like to add to his defence after they reportedly made a £10.5million bid for Marc Cucurella, but were beaten to the signing of the Barcelona full-back by Getafe over the weekend.
Nick Harris is a long-standing journalist who specialises in football and rugby league. An avid golfer, Nick also follows the major boxing fights closely.