X

Friday 23
August

Crystal Palace

Castagne to Palace no longer happening

18th July 2019, 13:29 by Daniel McCarthy

Crystal Palace have reportedly ended their pursuit of defender Timothy Castagne as he is set to pen a new deal with Atalanta.

Palace have been searching for a new right-back ever since Aaron Wan-Bissaka completed his £50milliion move to Manchester United last month.

They have been linked with a number of options, including Max Aarons, who has signed a new long-term contract with Norwich, and James Justin, who Leicester ended up signing from Luton.

Castagne is another name mentioned but fresh reports indicate he is set to snub interest from the Premier League in order to stay with Atalanta, who qualified for the Champions League last season.

The Serie A side value the player at £17million and Palace were reportedly close to submitting an offer. However, the Belgian has decided to stay with his current club and looks set to pen a contract extension.

Roy Hodgson will have to look elsewhere for a right-back, with Joel Ward the only player at the club who is a natural in the position.

This article originated on sportinastorm.com

Daniel McCarthy is a reporter who is very knowledgeable about football at all levels, and a keen Leeds United fan. He also follows darts, snooker, motorsport, and rugby league.

More Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace

Where has it gone wrong for Christian Benteke?

22nd August 2019, 16:40

Christian Benteke used to be one of the most feared strikers in the Premier League. Now, he seems a joy to play against…

Crystal Palace

Hodgson wants Palace to make most of Old Trafford ‘opportunity’

22nd August 2019, 15:40

Roy Hodgson is well aware his Crystal Palace side will have to be on top form to get a result at Manchester United this weekend.

Crystal Palace

Cahill hungry for success

21st August 2019, 17:01

Former England captain Gary Cahill says he has a "burning desire" at Crystal Palace this season.

Crystal Palace

Who will take home the Puskas Award?

19th August 2019, 19:03

With the 10 nominees for FIFA's Puskas Award confirmed, which player looks to have the best chance of claiming the spoils?

Crystal Palace

Schlupp backs Palace to move on

19th August 2019, 17:32

Jeffrey Schlupp insists Crystal Palace will be able to focus their efforts on Manchester United after a 1-0 loss to Sheffield United.

Crystal Palace

Palace will move on to United challenge - Schlupp

19th August 2019, 17:23

Jeffrey Schlupp insists Crystal Palace will be able to focus their efforts on Manchester United after a 1-0 loss to Sheffield United.

Recent Sport Headlines

Rugby Union

Mallinder excited by Scotland role

23rd August 2019, 10:23

Jim Mallinder says he's looking forward to getting started after being confirmed as Scotland's new Performance Director.

Watford

Watford v West Ham Team News

23rd August 2019, 10:17

Watford boss Javi Gracia will have to do without captain Troy Deeney for Saturday’s visit of West Ham after he was ruled out through injury.

Horse Racing Previews

Repeat Win On Cards For Handicap Blip

23rd August 2019, 09:09

Gelding Has Conditions To Win Again

Liverpool

New boy Adrian gives honest appraisal of Liverpool back four

23rd August 2019, 08:17

Just days after joining Liverpool as a free agent, the Spaniard made his debut in the Premier League opener against Norwich after injury

Liverpool

No evidence of winger downing tools, as Liverpool stand firm

23rd August 2019, 08:13

Reports in Scotland suggested the 22-year-old, whose solitary first-team appearance for the Reds came in an FA Cup tie in January 2016

Manchester United

Belgian midfield star reveals why he turned down Man Utd move

23rd August 2019, 07:43

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Axel Witsel has revealed that he had the chance to join Manchester United

Manchester United

Ronaldo baffled by situation of Man Utd target amid reports of €70m offer

23rd August 2019, 07:13

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he doesn't know why international teammate Bruno Fernandes has not left Sporting Lisbon

Monaco

Monaco midfielder bid rejected

23rd August 2019, 05:30

Monaco are reported to have failed with a bid to sign Franck Kessie from AC Milan as their bid was not big enough.