Fulham dealt blow over Dann by Hodgson
Fulham's chances of signing Scott Dann have been hit after Roy Hodgson said the Eagles aren't in a position to let any more stars go.
Fulham had been linked with a move to sign the former Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City centre-back, who has found his opportunities limited at Palace so far this season after returning from a long injury lay-off.
The 31-year-old played in Palace's FA Cup fourth-round win against Tottenham on Saturday, but he has not yet made an appearance in the Premier League this term.
However, Hodgson says that as things stand Palace have no plans to let Dann go before Thursday's 11pm deadline.
He said: “We’re not in a position where we can let players go. We’ve let eight go since the summer, we’ve trimmed down enormously.
"We’re not looking to move players out. If anything, we’ve got a vacancy for someone to come in if the right man turns up."
Simon Barlow has a wealth of journalism experience and in-depth knowledge in a number of sports. As well as his extensive football knowledge, Simon is also well versed on cricket, tennis, American Football and cycling amongst others.