Palace confirm Zaha appeal
Manager Roy Hodgson says Crystal Palace have appealed against Wilfried Zaha's additional one-match ban.
Zaha was shown a red card for sarcastically clapping referee Andre Marriner after he had been cautioned in the draw with Southampton at St Mary's, and was subsequently suspended for last weekend's win over Fulham.
Hodgson has now confirmed an appeal has been launched, making him available to face West Ham on Saturday and they are hopeful the 26-year-old's ban will be overturned.
"We've appealed and the FA have suspended the ban," Hodgson told a press conference on Friday. "We won't know until next week and he will be available for tomorrow [against West Ham].
"He's upset about it. We put our case to the FA and our lawyer thinks we have a case for an appeal."
Gareth Freeman is an experienced journalist who can offer in-depth knowledge on a host of sports, especially football, tennis, snooker and basketball.