X

Tuesday 18
June

Everton

Keane looking forward to Toffees future

28th March 2019, 07:35 by Michael Holland

Everton defender Michael Keane says he feels like he finally belongs at the club and is looking forward to what the future holds.

The 26-year-old was one of the most highly-rated defenders in the country when he arrived at the club from Burnley in a big-money deal back in the summer of 2017.

It has been a rocky road at times as injuries have hampered his form, but he is now a regular in Marco Silva's side and is also back in the England frame, having started the last two games.

"It has been an up and down journey but I'm starting to feel like I really belong here now," he said.

"It's been a good season for me, I've had a lot of good games. The team struggled for two or three months, the whole team was inconsistent and I was part of that but in general I think I've been really good.

"I've been working hard, training has been good, and I feel a lot fitter than I did last year so I think that's helped me.

"I'm just feeling more confident than I have and hopefully I can show that from now until the end of the season.

"I've always had the belief in myself but when things aren't going well for you on the pitch you sort of lose a bit of confidence. But I've always had the belief that I'm good enough to play here."

This article originated on sportinastorm.com

Michael Holland is a reporter with over two decades of journalism experience. A Bolton fan, Michael often writes football articles, as well as having a strong knowledge of golf, cricket and Australian sports.

More Everton

Everton

Vlasic in talks with CSKA Moscow

17th June 2019, 09:51

Nikola Vlasic's agent, Tonci Martic, has announced his client is in talks to make his loan deal at CSKA Moscow permanent his summer.

Everton

Richarlison - Neres should move to Everton

17th June 2019, 09:27

Everton star Richarlison has admitted he has spoken to Ajax's David Neres about a possible switch to Goodison Park this summer.

Everton

New deal on cards for Everton target

14th June 2019, 13:22

Juventus are reportedly keen to tie down striker Moise Kean to a new contract as soon as possible amid interest from Everton.

Everton

Ajax star attracts Everton interest

14th June 2019, 09:48

Everton have been linked with a summer swoop for Ajax starlet David Neres but the Merseysiders will face significant competition.

Everton

McCarthy expected to leave Everton

13th June 2019, 10:56

Seamus Coleman says he expects James McCarthy to be looking for an exit from Everton defender this summer.

Everton

Juve starlet linked with Everton move

13th June 2019, 09:20

Juventus striker Moise Kean is on Everton's radar but a loan deal is their best hope of getting him on board.

Recent Sport Headlines

Tottenham Hotspur

Lyon set price for Spurs target

18th June 2019, 05:22

Tottenham will have to pay £63million to have any chance of signing Lyon's Tanguy Ndombele.

Manchester United

Toon midfielder subject of Reds bid

18th June 2019, 05:22

Manchester United are ready to launch an £18million bid for Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff as they target their second signing.

Liverpool

Ivory Coast ace a top Reds target

18th June 2019, 04:56

Liverpool are reported to have launched a £72million bid to sign Lille winger Nicolas Pepe.

Arsenal

Arsenal target Saints star

18th June 2019, 04:42

Southampton defender Matt Targett is on Arsenal's radar as they look to add more homegrown talent to their ranks.

Manchester City

City ace targets more medals

18th June 2019, 04:17

Manchester City star Phil Foden is targeting more medals as England's under-21s prepare to get their Euro 2019 campaign underway.

Chelsea

Chelsea yet to move for Lampard say Rams

18th June 2019, 03:54

Derby insist they want to keep hold of Frank Lampard and say that Chelsea have yet to make an approach for his services.

Norwich City

Norwich star signs up

18th June 2019, 03:41

Kenny McLean has signed a new three-year contract with Norwich following promotion back to the Premier League.

Cycling

Thomas ready for the Tour

18th June 2019, 03:13

Geraint Thomas says the loss of Chris Froome will not affect his Tour de France chances and he is ready to lead Team Ineos.