X

Thursday 04
June

Napoli

Agent confirms Callejon snubbed Napoli’s deal offer

11th September 2019, 15:03 by Craig Smithson

The agent of Jose Callejon has revealed that Napoli's opening new contract offer did not match his demands, but he remains open to staying put.

The 32-year-old Spanish forward has enjoyed a successful six seasons at Stadio San Paolo since he joined from Real Madrid in a €10million deal in summer 2013.

Callejon has 79 goals and 70 assists in 359 appearances, while he also helped I Partenopei win the Coppa Italia in 2013-14.

His current contract is due to expire at the end of this current 2019-20 season and he is yet to agree fresh terms.

Napoli have made an initial offer, but the player’s agent Manuel Garcia Quilon revealed that his client is looking for more.

“He can sign a new contract, but we don’t want to mess about,” he told CalcioNapoli24. “Napoli haven’t called me for a month. I suppose we’ll hear from them again, now that the transfer window has shut.

“They made us an opening offer, but it didn’t satisfy the conditions of the player.”

Coach Carlo Ancelotti will no doubt look for the club to increase their offer to enable him to keep a key player at the club beyond next summer as they eye a Serie A title push.

This article originated on sportinastorm.com

Craig Smithson is a journalist with over two decades of experience at the keyboard. A life-long Middlesbrough fan, Craig has an in-depth knowledge of all football and is also a keen fan of boxing amongst other sports.

More Napoli

Recent Sport Headlines

Horse Racing

Cox remains Positive for Royal Ascot glory bid

4th June 2020, 11:54

Clive Cox has described stable star Positive as "far stronger" than last year as he gets set for the St James's Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot.

Horse Racing

Sharing poised for Royal raid

3rd June 2020, 18:41

Breeders' Cup winner Sharing looks set to be sent across the Atlantic for this month's Royal Ascot meeting for a crack at the Coronation Stakes.

Horse Racing

Pinatubo leads 15-strong Guineas field

3rd June 2020, 13:45

The Charlie Appleby-trained Pinatubo will face 14 rivals when he goes for glory in the 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket on Saturday.

Horse Racing

Fanning fancies Royal tilt

2nd June 2020, 18:08

Joe Fanning expects Army Of India to be heading to Royal Ascot after his victory at Kempton on Tuesday.

Horse Racing

Early return too expensive for Ffos Las

2nd June 2020, 17:55

Ffos Las executive director Phil Bell has revealed it was too expensive to stage races at the course this summer.

Horse Racing

More Guineas success for Fabre

1st June 2020, 16:10

Andre Fabre registered a ninth career race win in the French 2000 Guineas as Victor Ludorum claimed the spoils in Monday's Classic.

Horse Racing

Masks won't be a problem - Sullivan

1st June 2020, 14:45

James Sullivan says wearing masks while riding will be strange to start with but, in the end, it shouldn't pose a problem for jockeys.

Horse Racing

Dettori's mind made up by lockdown

31st May 2020, 13:53

Frankie Dettori has revealed that racing's recent shutdown has strengthened his decision over his future in the sport.