X

Thursday 16
July

Tottenham Hotspur

Spurs snub double swoop

12th June 2019, 05:46 by Michael Holland

Tottenham have rejected Sevilla's Pablo Sarabia and Paris Saint-Germain's Julian Draxler as Giovani Lo Celso remains their top target.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen to add a new midfielder to his ranks this summer and reports are rife suggesting he has been offered the chance to land both players.

However, he is willing to wait to land his top target and is hopeful Real Betis will eventually back down and cash in on the Argentina midfield ace.

Tottenham are thought to have failed with one bid which would have seen them pay £35million upfront with the rest coming in add-ons, something the La Liga side were not interested in.

It would have taken the total outlay to £53million, but Betis are holding out for the £89million it would take to activate a release clause in his contract.

Despite having other options, Spurs are holding out for Lo Celso for now, and it is no surprise after he fired home 16 La Liga goals and provided a further six assists last season.

This article originated on sportinastorm.com

Michael Holland is a reporter with over two decades of journalism experience. A Bolton fan, Michael often writes football articles, as well as having a strong knowledge of golf, cricket and Australian sports.

More Tottenham Hotspur

Recent Sport Headlines

Horse Racing

O'Brien targets Group 1 outing

16th July 2020, 13:07

Trainer Joseph O'Brien says Patrick Sarsfield will be heading for a Group 1 race earlier than expected.

Horse Racing

Art Power heading for York

15th July 2020, 17:33

Art Power looks set for a trip to York for the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes next month, according to racing manager Alastair Donald.

Horse Racing

Fancy Blue to skip Irish Oaks

15th July 2020, 14:57

Trainer Donnacha O'Brien has suggested that Fancy Blue could skip the Irish Oaks in favour of a trip to Goodwood.

Horse Racing

Love set to swerve Irish Oaks

14th July 2020, 11:53

Aidan O'Brien says Love will swerve this weekend's Juddmonte Irish Oaks as they set their sights on next month's Darley Yorkshire Oaks.

Horse Racing

Botti reveals US plans

14th July 2020, 11:14

Trainer Marco Botti says Malotru could eventually head to the US but current plans are being assessed due to travel restrictions.

Horse Racing

Dandalla heading for Deauville

13th July 2020, 16:40

Connections have confirmed Dandalla will head to Deauville for the Prix Morny after winning at Newmarket last week.

Horse Racing

Sceptical heading to York after Newmarket defeat

13th July 2020, 16:27

Trainer Denis Hogan has confirmed Sceptical will head to York for the Nunthorpe after his narrow defeat in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket.

Horse Racing

Geraghty calls time on glittering career

12th July 2020, 11:05

Barry Geraghty has announced his retirement as a jockey, at the age of 40, and admits he will "miss the buzz and thrill" of jump racing.